Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

media sharing, let's have some fun.....

Like many in this class, I already had a youtube and picasa account, but very rarely used them. That is going to changing, as I have taken a closer look at these useful tools. I remember back in the day, before the 21st century, when sharing pictures was not so easy. I remember setting up a web page when my son was born, oh how I wish flickr and picasa had been around back then. Well, times they have changed. The photo sharing sites are wonderful and so easy to use. We have already discussed the great value of youtube. Now for the fun part, all the great web 2.0 apps that have cropped up to utilize the creative content in new and fun ways.
I love Stories in Flight and the app FlickrPoet. With this app you type or paste in a poem or story, and FlickrPoet will find matching photos on Flickr based on a search of tags, titles and descriptions of the photos. Great Fun, please check it out.



Then I found Bubblr, a tool to create comic strips using flickr pictures. The great part is that you can search for pictures using tags. Here is an example, I put in web 2.0 in the search, and of course I added the bubble:




and another, I searched Aardvark:


There is also big huge labs, the home of flickr toys

With video I found the National Geographic wildlife filmmaker, a wildlife mashup machine. So much fun. Here is one my daughter made in two minutes.

And last but not least for audio sharing I decided to introduce blabberize. If you are familiar with the old program crazy talk, this is the web 2.0 version. Well, this one is the MOST fun. My kids at school love this site, it provides hours of great entertainment. Here is one for you:




Hope you enjoy these.

3 comments:

  1. Blabberize looks like so much fun! I like that one can put a 'face' with voice. It certainly captures the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feature that Bubblr has of pooling commonly tagged pictures is a good reason to not ignore tagging like I do. Applying it properly can make finding common items easier.

    ** I like the bubble comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun ideas and links. it was really great that you put all those in there to check out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete